Friday, February 20, 2009

He Loves Me!

My husband and I have been together for many years, 16 years as a matter of fact! We've had our ups and downs, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day it is him that I want to spend the rest of my life with. After so many years together though, I can't help but wonder if he still loves me the same way he did when we got married. Does he love me more or less? Yesterday he confirmed that for me.

First, let me start of by saying that he was an ass to me yesterday morning. I'm not one to sit back and take it either. I gave him my fair share of slaps in the face with my words. I didn't start it though. I also must add that he is a typical male when it comes to apologizing too. I usually get "Well I'm sorry!" with the whole "well shit, what do you expect" kind of attitude. Apology NOT excepted, buster!!

So, at dinner last night (out of the blue, mind you) he says "I'm sorry about this morning" with the most genuine look and sound. I looked at him and said thank you and then........ yep, I sure did! I was a total girl and broke down crying. He asked why I was crying and I told him that I could tell it came from his heart. He then went on to say "well, I'm just really happy right now and you make me happy. I sometimes forget that and I don't mean to." Then he looks at our daughter and says "You really have a great mommy!" Then my daughter says "Yeah, you're the best mommy in the whole world!"

OMG!!! Can I really express how much I love these two people??!!!! They ARE simply the BEST!!!

I know this is my place to vent but I also want to share these sorts of stories too because my husband doesn't like me to share this kind of stuff either. So, shhhh......let's keep this a secret ;O) Awww heck, everything about this blog is a secret! No one knows about it but YOU and ME!

Have a great weekend everyone!

9 comments:

  1. My lips are zipped! I can't sleep so I am roaming around bloggyland by way of Sits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 2 of the Where’s Wenda? Contest is here. Today, I am visiting all of the SITStas that commented on Hot Chocolate Caramel Mocha. That means you! Thanks so much for stopping by and for being a great SISta! -Wenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your secret is safe with me! Visiting you from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I'm visiting you from SITS too! And I think this story is sooo sweet! 16 years?! Wow!! I've been married 4, can't wait till we're where yall are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very sweet!

    Just stopping by from SITS to show some comment love. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by from SITS.

    That is very sweet. It is always good to hear the genuine I am sorry, after a little bit of time has past. Than it is to hear the bs I'm sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's amazing how far nice words go....and how long they stay with us. this was a great reminder to say "i love you" more often.

    sending love via blogstalkers. =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, this is so sweet. I've been trying to comment on your blog for 2 days. Here's hoping this one goes through. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, that's what it's all about - family :-).

    ReplyDelete