Monday, February 23, 2009

California Rain

We all know that it rains here in California, right?! Well, it does. We do bask in the sun much more than other states, no all, but most. I have to admit, I truly love the sun and the sunshine it brings. It makes me happy while the rain is depressing. I have also lived here my whole life and know nothing different. I refuse to move. I don't like the snow (except to visit) and I'm afraid of hurricanes and tornado's. I however do enjoy my earthquakes. Call me crazy! Maybe because I haven't been physically affected by them.

So anyways, we have rain in the winter. Nothing new. You would think that people who live here would know how to drive in it, right? WRONG! This whole weekend was saturated with stupid drivers. It's like they forget how to drive or it's that they're scared to drive in the rain. If that's the case.....GET OFF THE ROAD PEOPLE!! An accident is waiting to happen with them on the road.

Here's a few scenarios for you:

1. I'm driving home yesterday and I have a few cars in front of me. All of a sudden, everyone brakes and almost comes to a complete stop. I'm wondering what the heck are we stopping for? There isn't a light or a stop sign ahead. What could be holding us up? I decide to change lanes and it's some fool stopping for air! HUH?! Come on people!!

2. Or how about when they think driving up to 20 miles under the speed limit is safe.

3. Also, the other day my husband had some chick stop at a red light. It's a turning lane to turn right.

The rule: Make a complete stop. If it is clear, you may proceed to make your right hand turn unless otherwise noted (which it wasn't).

This chick decided to sit there until the light turned green. He had to sit there while all the other traffic went. I told him "Why didn't you honk?" I didn't get a response though. Then the chick decides to drive really slow getting onto the freeway. Maybe being cautious? Maybe a little too cautious. Who know but if a cop were there, I'm sure she would have gotten a ticket.

I say just drive people. Not crazy though! If it's raining, slow down to a normal speed. If you're afraid to drive in the rain, don't drive then. It's bad enough that people out here are always in such a hurry. Throw in some rain, a scared, slow driver in the mix and it'll just lead to disaster.....or road rage!

Do you have any "stupid driver" stories?

1 comment:

  1. People are stupid! This shit happens each year in Colorado when it snows. I'm baffled each time.

    ReplyDelete