Monday, March 16, 2009

Having a camera handy

I carry my little Sony camera in my purse. It's always handy to have it for those moments that you're out and about or maybe when you are in a fender bender or even when you are stuck in traffic. That's right, when you're stuck in traffic. Here's my story...

I'm late to work all the time. I try to punctual but it just doesn't work for me. Don't ask me why. I know, there are some of you out there rolling your eyes because this is one of your pet peeves but seriously....I try to be on time! Don't get me wrong, I'm not late 100% of the time. My boss deals with it because I'm a good worker. Lucky for me!!!

Now, when I know I'm going to be late, I always call my boss and leave him a "courtesy call" message letting him know. When I am late, it's never more than 5 minutes late unless of course, there happens to be a car accident and that is just something I can't avoid. When he receives my message, all he has to do is look out his office window which overlooks the freeway and he can see the traffic. Only things is, the spot where his office overlooks happens to be the split to two freeways which of course, traffic picks up at that point.

So anyways, we had one of our clients come into the office and we were talking about commutes and I mentioned where I was coming from and she was all "Oh wow, you have a terrible commute" and I said to my boss "Yeah, see...she knows!" My boss was telling her that when I call and leave my message that all he does is look out his window to see if there is traffic, but remember.....he see it when the traffic picks up.

So today, while once again sitting in traffic I realize that I had my camera in my purse. Hey!!! I'll take a picture for him so he can see that I'm telling the truth!!! (LOL!) So I did and when I got to work (1 min late) I shared with him that if he cared to see the pictures I so generously took for him, I had them for his viewing pleasure. Ha! So there, buddy!

So, the moral of this story is.......always have a camera handy. You never know when you may need it!

1 comment: